Mission First, is located in the West Park community of Jackson and is an independent 501(c)(3) non profit organization established in 2001 with the purpose of meeting the spiritual, physical mental, social and educational needs in the Metro Jackson area by sharing Christ and providing comprehensive Christian Ministries and care.
There ministries include:
I. Legal Aid
- Provides legal services that include, but are not limited to, family law, consumer law, government benefit programs, housing and debtor/creditor issues
- Employs three staff members
- Operates with approximately 200+ volunteer attorneys
- Serves approximately 1200 people per year
II. Medical/Dental Aid
- The Medical and Dental Clinic services over 1100 client visits each year
- Provides general denistry, oral surgery, opthamalogy and general family medicine
- They listen to the patients and offer to pray with them and provide spiritual nourishment
III. Community Devleopment
MissionFirst partners with a variety of religious, educational and philanthropic organizations to serve the city of Jackson. The building that is done there, speaks loudly to racial reconciliation
IV. Children’s Program
The Children’s Educational program at Mission First serves children and families across the Metro by providing after-school programming during the school year and a summer enrichment program as well. Both programs focus on developing children through music, art, drama, recreation and Bible study.
V. Comprehensive Wellness Program
- The program serves as a form of preventative and restorative care for individuals faced with conditions such as hypertension and diabetes
- Clients are given a fitness assessment and are equipped to make healthy nutrition and lifestyle choices
- All results are monitored by medical and fitness professionals
- Clients may participate in strength training exercises as well as group exercises
VI. Sports Ministry
The Sports Ministry provides a safe, empowering and encouraging outlet for children and youth to develop their character and integrity. Challenging Students to rise above ordinary standards to a level of excellence develops pride, determination and focus. Through athletic programs and mentoring for boys and girls, Mission First develops young people in a variety of ways.